There’s a wide variety of sizes, features and prices, which makes choosing the best laptop a challenge. That’s why you need to figure out what your needs are. So, our laptop buying guide will help you in choosing the right laptop for you.
Before we tell you what drive a laptop’s performance,let’s begin with the question-“How will you use your laptop ?”.
Simple, everyday activities like surfing the web, email and social media, watching movies or streaming content.
Typing for work, browsing the web, editing documents, photos and basic gaming. This could include professionals or students who do a lot of research and could have multiple documents or tabs open at time.
This includes content creation, heavy programming, specialized applications such as Autocad and photoshop, as well as heavy gaming.
So, our laptop buying guide will give you complete knowledge about laptops and its component. You can see below different types of processors, RAM, graphic card and many more other features. So, you can decide which type of laptop you need. You can see our different types of laptop series. We divided them in budget and we also have gaming series. The link is given below.
A laptops performance is based on five main points.
- Internal storage
- Graphic card
- The processor is main part of computer.It’s brain of a computer.
- The more powerful processor,the more it can do and do it faster.
- There are many types of processor.But,Laptop processors are made primarily by two companies-Intel and AMD.
- Intel has it pentium,celeron and Core i3,i5,i7 & i9 series(in increasing order of processing power)
- AMD has A,FX and Ryzen series of processors(in increasing order of processing power)
- RAM stands for Random Access Memory.
- It stores all open application, files and games.
- Better the RAM,more you can do work simultaneously.
- Laptops can come with 4GB,8GB and 16GB RAM.
- You can also upgrade RAM up to 32GB as laptop configuration.
- There are two types of RAM : DDR4 and DDR3.
- DDR4 is faster and latest type and DDR3 is older, slower and consume more power.
- Buy a laptop which has DDR4 RAM.
- You should go with atleast 8GB of RAM if you’ll go for medium use.
- This is also called as hard drive size or storage capacity of a laptop.
- Storage is where every programmes,documents,games and movies are stored.
- Without sufficient storage,you can’t store anything and it’ll also impact the speed of performance.
- For lower budget HDDs are better for storage and for high gaming and programmings SSDs are better as storage.
- There are 3 types of storage:HDD,SSD and SSHD.
- SSHD is combination of HDD and SSD,which means you not only get large storage but everything loads faster too
- You should go with SSDs or SSHDs, if you are buying a laptop for high gamings and programming.
- A Graphics Card is a piece of computer hardware that produces the image you see on a monitor.
- The Graphics Card is responsible for rendering an image to your monitor, it does this by converting data into a signal your monitor can understand.
- The better your graphics card, the better and smoother an image can be produced. This is naturally very important for gamers and video editors.
- There are two types of graphic card : Integrated and dedicated.
- Integrated graphic card are present on most of laptops and are suited to let you watch movies and do very light photo editing.
- Generally,Intel graphics comes with laptop which is sufficient for everyday needs.
- Dedicated cards are require for heavy gaming, photo & video editing.
- Nvidia and AMD are two popular companies making dedicated graphic card.
- The battery is what keeps your laptop running when it isn’t plugged into the power outlet.
- Battery power is usaully measure in Watt-Hour(WHr).
- All things of laptop runs on battery.
- There are currently three types of batteries commonly used for laptops: Nickel Cadmium, Nickel Metal Hydride, and Lithium Ion.
- You can see Lithium Ion batteries in almost all laptops.
- While choosing the right display for your laptop ,you will need to choose right screen size and right resolution.
- Screen comes in several sizes,all measured diagonally.There are 11 inch,13 inch , 15.6 inch and 17.3 inch on some hard core gaming laptops.
- Most ideal size for laptops are 13 inch and 15.6 inch.
- A larger screen is ideal for gaming and watching movies.While,smaller screen size is lighter and easier to carry around.
- The most common screen resolutions are HD and FHD. You’ll find 4k resolution in expensive laptop.
- There are also 2-in-1 touchscreen display in which you can scrolling, zooming and other stuff directly with your fingers.
- There are also some other factors like IPS vs Non-IPS, Refresh rate, Bezels and Matte vs glossy display.You can choose as your requirement.
- Like IPS is better than Non-IPS,More refresh rate are better,Thin bezels are good and Matte display is better than glossy.So, you can choose as your budget.
OS (Operating system)
- The operating system controls the hardware and allows the software to communicate with hardware.
- It let you intract with your laptop and programs in the simplest way possible.
- There are various types of OS available in market like Microsoft, MacOS, ChromeOS, Linux and DOS.
- Most commonly used OS is Microsoft. Almost all laptop comes with Microsoft OS and all apple laptops comes with MacOS. Linux and ChromeOS are less commonly used.
Now, You can definitely choose your laptop with your requirement and our laptop buying guide. You can check our post Best Laptops to buy in 2021. and other posts too.